Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just Kidding

If you saw the time at which my last post was written and thought "it's not April 1st yet so it can't be an April Fools joke" I'll give you points for being clever, but you were overanalyzing it.

Yeah, it was an April Fool's joke. Thanks for reading and thanks for playing. While it was quite a bit of fun writing that post, it was also kind of strange. The basic ideas that I mentioned really do come from a point of truth, but cutting myself off from the world that way is far too extreme for my tastes. Plus, there's no way I would be able to keep in touch with people as well as I could using Facebook and IM. The world is changing and communication has mutated into a crazy monster and it's hard to say what the future will bring. Privacy is a huge concern these days. But despite all that, avoiding the issue entirely is not the answer, and not using these tools at my disposal would put me at a huge disadvantage.

It was interesting seeing the 6 or 7 reactions that I got, and I appreciate your thoughts. Unfortunately since I have been working, I have not had time to do different, exciting things with my time away from the social networking thing. And yes, I would have a low 1984 tolerance.. if this world were to actually become like the one in 1984. But it's not, so I'll be fine.

And Shir, you're welcome to bug me online anytime.

It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment