Monday, January 19, 2009

I am the winner!

I woke up Sunday morning and checked my iPod for email, which I do every morning now. I was somewhat surprised to see a message regarding me winning some contest. My half-asleep state combined with my extensive experience with junk mail led me to believe it was just spam. But after doing a quick double take, I realized that it was actually a reply to a mail that I myself had sent. I read it more carefully and...

In December I caught wind of a contest: post your best screenshot from a computer game. It was a collaboration between the MacGamer.com website and Parallels, who makes the popular Virtualization software "Parallels Desktop" for Mac. I dug around in my hard drive to find a screenshot that I could submit, not really thinking I'd win or anything, but it was worth a couple minutes to give it a shot anyway (And yes, I keep screenshots from my gaming in a folder on my computer).

Long story medium, I won! Apparently they liked my picture enough to give me a copy of Parallels. Awesome! Please check out the site. Looks like they're trying to get on their feet, and it looks pretty good so far.

Thanks very much to both Parallels and Tom Herring at MacGamer for making the right choice ;)

The pic below is cut off, so click on it to see the whole thing.

Direct link to the story is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment