Monday, August 17, 2009

Meow

So I woke up this morning to the most unexpected sound.. and sight. Not the usual birds chirping, dogs barking, or train tooting its horn. These were savage, confrontational sounds. I couldn't place them, so naturally I opened my Venetian blinds about a foot to see what the din was.

On top of the wooden gazebo-like structure in my backyard was a very angry squirrel, belching out high-pitched "RAB RAB RAB! RAB RAB RAB!" at about 60 miles an hour. Apparently it didn't really appreciate the looks the dirty, mangy cat sitting on the brick wall was casting in its direction.

That's right, I woke up to a standoff between a squirrel and a cat.

I would love to have stuck around for the fight, but I had to go to work. Maybe I should've called in sick... at least for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment