Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bizarre Holidays! Part 3!

Hey, we're back with another installment of Bizarre Holidays!

In case you missed "Bring your child to work day" a few weeks ago, you have another chance to do something like it.  Monday the 29th is "Please take me children to work day."  Actually, now that I think of it, I don't think it's the same thing at all..

I'm not sure what the origin of this one is, but the 30th is Meteor Day.  Take cover in your fallout shelter.  You do have a fallout shelter, right?

For all you Canadians out there, July 1 is Canada Day. I have no idea what that means, but I'm sure Wikipedia does.

Boy, is 2009 going fast.  I still write "2008" by accident now and then.  But nothing serves to reinforce how fast it's going like this Tuesday, which is "Second half of the year day."

Wednesday is the perfect day for those with amnesia or senility.  That's right, folks, July 2 is "I Forgot Day."  Just... don't be celebrating that one when you get called into your boss's office.

My favorite holiday of the week is July 6, "Take your webmaster to lunch day."  I guess I'll be taking myself to lunch. How fitting, then, that July 6 is also National Fried Chicken Day.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment